Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm going to VA!

The title sort of speaks for itself. My mom has apparently been planning this trip for months. I have teased her about the "coupon" for one overnight trip with her. She gave it to me for my 13th b-day..almost 2 years ago. Well, this trip is going to be fun! We're dropping off the rest of the family at Aunt Kiki's on Thursday. (Kind of sad..no Valentine's day as a family. We usually give each other Valentines.) Then we spend Thursday night here. It's going to be quiet! :-0

Friday morning my mom and I start driving. It's only like 8 hours. Not too long. We're staying at Caitie's house on Friday night. Saturday we're going to spend (hopefully) seeing all our old homeschool friends. Saturday afternoon we're picking up Allison (one of my best friends ever!) and Maddie! (we'll already have Caitie with us) My mom made reservations at a hotel. A really nice hotel..actually we don't know which hotel we're staying at yet. They're both nice, (we're choosing between 2) but one has a pool..and one doesn't. We don't really know what we'll do that night, but we looked up times for August Rush, Enchanted and Water Horse in the cheap theater. I'm guessing we'll stay up really late, play games and have fun. It's supposed to be my early b-day party. Sunday we'll drop off Allison and go to mass at Queen of Apostles. (We used to go there like 10 years ago) We'll meet the Beattys there and go to their house for brunch. We're staying at the Clancy's again on Sunday night, and we'll probably hang out until after Lit class on Monday, because Caitie and I are in the same class.

Ok, doesn't this seem like a dream b-day weekend? The only bad thing about it that it's the weekend of 2 of my friends' b-day party, the last home game and basketball pics. Oh well. We never buy those pics anyway, and I'll get to see all my b-ball friends at the banquet (fancy word for 'end of the year potluck')

I think I've bored you enough for one day. I'm just excited and looking forward to the weekend!

2 comments:

Annika said...

Oh so this is why you could not meet me in Ohio, with a wind chill below 0.

Elie said...

No, well..partly. I had a b-ball tournament, lots of school, and my mom didn't want to be gone 2 weekends in a row.