Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yum!

Our Valentine's Day preparations took most of the day, so the amount of schoolwork that we got done was...well.....not very much, but I succeeded in making all the valentines, at least 3 dozen cookies and dinner...

Here are the cookies. It's a good thing it's lent, because I don't think they'd last until tomorrow if it wasn't. ;-) Nothing incredibly special, but I bet they'll taste good. I found the recipe (which was super easy , and the dough didn't crumble near the end of rolling out at all!) here. I think the best thing about the recipe is that you don't have to refrigerate the dough.
Pastry Chef's note: Neon purple food coloring is almost as good as regular red for getting pink...and anyway, even if it wasn't, it's still Lent. Purple Valentine's day cookies are fine...especially when covered in red sprinkles.

5 comments:

Diane said...

They were delicious! Just the right amount of crisp. Thank you, Elena!

Now, about that algebra...

Jannah said...

Hi there, I left a comment in your previous post about the Kingfisher Book of Poetry. So sorry to barge in like that but I have to ask if you have a copy of the book. If you do can you tell me who wrote the poem "The Old Field".

It's in regard to another poem I believe to be a translated version of the English poem into Malay Language.

Thanks again.

Gemma said...

Hey Elena,
I'm not sure if you remember me but I knew you when we lived in Virginia. We got your family's Christmas card and my mom told me about you blog! I hope everything is going well!!
-Gemma

Elie said...

Hey Gemma!

Of course I remember you! Where do you live now? I see your Christmas card ever year too. How is your family?

~Elena :-)

Elie said...

Sorry it took me so long to respond to your comment about the Old Field. According to the book it's by D. J. Enright. Hope that helps! ;-)

~Elena