Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Webbs!! Day 1

I just remembered...duh! I should be posting about our trip this summer! And here I am doing "Random Post Days!" *snort*

Ok, so since it's been so long since I did any trip posting..here's a list of my summer vacation posts.
1. Goodbye BE! First stop: Aunt Kiki's! That's where the party's at!
2. Visiting Marnie
3. Visitor's at A. Kiki's
4. Virginia
5. Richmond
6. PA!
and now.. 7. The Webbs!

So, am I ever going to get to the Webbs? and who they are..and why we visited them???

Here we go, the Webbs are our old neighbors in Belgium. They lived next door before the Chapmans (Valya and Nastia's best friends' family). They have 3 boys, Brandon (19), Ryan (almost 17), and Sean (almost 15). you wouldn't think that because they have all boys, and we have only one boy, that we would become that great of friends, but we did. Of course, it took us 2 years to start hanging out and then they moved, but we did have a lot of fun the summer before they left.

We left Aunt Ali, Uncle Sean, and Sarah Marie's house in Pennsylvania and started our drive to Boston. I can remember what we had for dinner almost every night of the trip, but I can't remember how long that drive was. I just remember that I was stuck in the back seat for most of it, and I was freezing because my family insists on being hot in the car during the summer.

Anyways, I think I fell asleep on the drive. (I'm really good at sleeping in the car now!) When I woke up we were not far from Boston, and it was drizzling. As we got closer and closer to the Webbs home the houses became more and more quaint (I can NOT believe I used that word!) and old fashioned. They had character. I honestly don't remember the Webb's house at all. I remember the food though! What is WRONG with me?! I promise that I don't only think about food. Weird.

It was supposed to be a surprise that we were coming for Brandon's Graduation party, but the boys had found out anyway, so they all ran out to meet us when we got there. They were all pretty much the same, except that Brandon's hair wasn't bleached anymore, and they were all taller.

Here's a pic of their family with ours before they moved from Belgium.



So, we met some of their friends in Boston, and ate (here I go again!) lots of good food. (They had a mini chocolate fountain like the ones in Belgium!!!) They showed us around their new house, and we said hello to their cats. Then I played cards with Sean, and two of his friends until we left. It was cool seeing them all again.
The picture below is of our family and the Webbs in their living room in Boston, MA.


Left to Right- Back row-Mrs. Webb, Brandon, Ryan, Mr. Webb, My dad, Next row-Valya, My mom, Charlie, Me, Sean, Front Row- Nastia, Mariana, Jacinta

Ryan showing Charlie how to play the drums..and apparently, Nastia picking her nose. Lovely.

No comments: