Monday, January 7, 2008

I am SO not a morning person!

Let's begin at the beginning. I actually didn't go to sleep too late last night, well..11:30ish.. But I fell right to sleep and was rudely awakened at approximately 7:30am. Now, for those of you that know me well, that is pretty early. When I say rudely..I mean..covers being dragged from my back, the light being turned on (it's not quite the season for blind pulling up..being still dark outside), and THE SONG ringing in my ears. When I say the song..I mean THE song. The one that Daddy always sings when he's waking us up. The Good Morning Song. It goes something like: Good morning, good morning, Elena is a sleepy head, good morning, good morning, to you!!!!! I hate that song. Really, I do. Anyway, once I had dragged myself out of bed and somehow made it down the steps without falling over, I collapsed to my knees on the floor. (My dad doesn't allow sitting on the couch for morning prayers) I managed to say my 'Hail Mary' without croaking too much, but my plans for sneaking back into bed for another hour before my mom got up were shattered when Daddy spoke the fateful words, "Elena, I'd like you to get breakfast for everyone." I groaned out some type of response and crawled back up the stairs to my room. Keeping my eyes averted from my bed, I made it, cleaned up my room, and got dressed. Then I proceeded to break gingerbread poptarts in half and pull out cereal boxes. Breakfast revived me a little bit, and I was able to go upstairs and write the essay of the day, "My favorite part about Christmas 2007." I'm not posting it on here..it was a practice essay. Not one you post for other people to see. ;-) Anyway, the gingerbread poptart must have been just enough sugar to get me awake enough for the rest of the day, though I won't be fully awake until about 8pm tonight. ;-)

4 comments:

Annika said...

If my Dad tried to do that to me, I'd just turn over and go back to sleep.
And "11:30ish" isn't that late, unless you have to get up at 7:20. :(

Elie said...

It's not possible with my dad. He will literally drag you out of your bed, and there are pretty serious consequences if you don't get up.

Annika said...

Oh...I glad my Dad doesn't go into my room.

Oh and I stayed up till 1:30 last nigh and had to get up at 7:00. I guess this post jinxed me jk.

Elie said...

lol! Sorry! ;-) I stayed up until 1:30 last night too, but I got up at 7:30 again.