Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My last lesson


Ok, so I didn't wreck the van either!! YAY!






It's definitely harder to turn and park, but WAY easier overall. No clutch!

Grandpa had me drive around the parking lot of this church called the Vineyard. (What kind of a name for a church is that?) It has a big parking lot, but the thing is all hilly, so that's made it hard with the little car. Yesterday wasn't bad though. Probably by the time I we see Grandpa, I'll have a permit!! Of course, now I have to practice with Daddy...and wait until September!

9 comments:

Annika said...

Ugh, you are so LUCKY!! Being able to drive, all I could drive were little car things at Lego and on a track, and I didn't do that *coughs* very well.

Anonymous said...

How are you driving now if you don't have a permit?

And as Dr McM said, manual shifts are soo much better. ;) Besides, they're much more fun.

Anonymous said...

I was about to ask the same thing as bryce.

Elie said...

Tala, you've only got like 2 more years..no..more like 1 1/2..right? And you can take the subway wherever you want anyway, so it doesn't make a big difference. Does it? ;-)

Yay Bryce! You commented! I've never been able to tell which posts you read..or even if you read them at all until I ask whether you've seen certain things and you say you have...

Anyway, umm..no, I don't have a permit. That's why I'm driving in abandoned parking lots. I guess I COULD get arrested or something, but well, my Grandpa would have handled that. And now my dad will. He's very good at arguing his way out of things. ;-) jk

Yeah, I actually think I prefer the blue car. The van was easier, but I don't like the way the wheels sound on turns, and it was weird not being able to do things with the clutch..even if starting IS a pain.

Elie said...

Seriously though..CAN you get arrested for driving underage in parking lots? lol

Anonymous said...

I see. :P
Probably not, I don't you you can be arrested for a misdemeanor offense. In some states I think they make you wait until 18 to get your license or something, I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

*I don't _think_ you

Elie said...

Well that's reassuring! :-)

Anonymous said...

;)