Monday, May 12, 2008

For a change..

I've been posting about track a lot lately..and as much as I'm sure you're all dying to hear about my last track meet...and about my "I love me" board (as Mommy calls it), I'm going to make you wait, because I'm taking a break from running (and exercising in general) until I feel so sluggish that I make myself go running. Track season is over! And I'm learning how to drive, so I don't have to walk or run wherever I want to go now.

Ok, jk..I actually am learning how to drive (ironically in the parking lot at the track we practiced at). My Grandpa is teaching me with our little blue car..which conveniently happens to be a stick shift. ugh. Today is one of the last lessons before he goes back to CA and Daddy takes over. Grandpa is hoping to teach me to not kill the car by giving it too much gas while I'm letting up the clutch in these last two lessons, because it's Daddy's car, and we would prefer not to give him a heart attack when he takes over lessons. ;-)


Anyways..for the change........... I tried this test
And my fastest time so far is 77WPM. With a 99% accuracy, but I've been practicing a lot. So now you know how long it takes me to type these posts. : )

6 comments:

Erin said...

Ohhh... your driving! I won't tell you about my bad driving.
Have lots of fun learning!
Also I have linked to your blog on mine.
Love the pic you posted with your post!

Elie said...

I saw your blog! It's cool!

Today was only the 2nd day I've sat behind the wheel but the 3rd day I've steered. Glad you liked the picture. I just randomly found it on Google. ;-)

Emily of the North said...

haha.. I'm learning to drive too, but my Dad hasn't let me *actually* practice driving yet. He has this whole lecture thing that he goes through first... lol... he runs a cab compeny so he's really really into the whole safety/defensive driving kind of thing. *sigh*...

Emily of the North said...

*company... :-P

Elie said...

Yeah, my Grandpa has been squeezing lectures in as we drive to and from the parking lot we practice in. ;-)

Anonymous said...

driving is easier once your allowed to do it by yourself lol. have fun learning oh and as everyone has said to me. "everybody stay off the roads elena's driving" jk I'm sure your doing great