Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who comes up with these things anyway?

A really long time ago (but definitely not more than 15 years) Aunt Kiki gave me this framed name description thingy. (yeah, the pic is backwards..it was taken with the webcam)It's so pretty and I love it! But..I don't think it's completely accurate......


Here's what it says:

Elena (That part is very much accurate ;-) )

Local origin of name: English (hmmm..really? I never saw my name in England..Germany and Spain yes...but England? I guess it's possible)

From the Greek root name "Helen" (obviously)

~Meaning~
'Bright one' or 'shining star' (I'm not going to argue with that, but this is where it gets..uhh...a little suspect)

Emotional Spectrum
Her happiest times are with her loved ones (which loved ones? jk )

Personal Integrity
Nothing can buy her good name (it depends on what my 'good name' is being bought for)

Personality
A closed mouth catches no flies (maybe that should be my motto..I definitely don't live by it though. Anyone that knows me knows that I hardly ever stop talking.)

Relationships
Some of Elena's friends are just like her (mmmhmmm..have you MET any of my friends??)

Travel and Leisure
Lives for the weekends! (WHO DOESN'T?!)

Career and Money
Career choices are easy with Elena (oh right..have you read my mom's post on wall colors? Have you seen me go shopping?)

Life's Oppotunities
A naturally intelligent person, academia is her playground (This is the most accurate thing so far! jk )

So..who do these people think they are? They pick a name and make up a personality to go with the name?? Weird. But the picture is still pretty, and I am naturally intelligent. jk lol

2 comments:

Emily of the North said...

Nice... Haha, those things are kind of weird but it's cool when they're accurate. :-P

Elie said...

Yeah..like my name..or the fact that I'm naturally brilliant. haha ;-)