Friday, May 23, 2008

More costume and hair pics

You never got to see this dress, did you? Well, we ended up deciding on this dress for Act 1. The director found it for me at a costume rental place somewhere.
Partway through Act 1, I have to be a Wa Tan Yee (sp???!!!) girl, which basically means that I have to be a girl in 1912 dressing up as indian..Here is my very homemade indian costume. I made both halves out of two brown t-shirts that Daddy has to go under his desert BDU's. And someone gave us the belt in a handmedown bag of clothes. For Act 2, I'm using this costume (this is the picture from the other post). I have a pair of irish dancing shoes to go with it for the Shipoopi. (You try irish dancing in those boots!)


So...tonight is the first dress rehearsal (yes we have two, and we really do need the both)..and the director said no hair or makeup. Heh....but I really wanted to mess around with the curling iron..and the hairspray...and....the pretty ribbon we got yesterday......and....welllllllllll...the result..
I actually have made it slightly more ringletty since these pictures, but I sure hope it holds until 5pm..I guess I should have waited, but that curling iron is just so tempting!
And I had to take a self picture..because..that's just me.. (don't ask why I took it in the bathroom.. just happened to be in there fixing up the hair in the mirror.)
Well, here I go! (in 3 hours) Pray that I don't literally break a leg while doing the library dancing with those ridiculous boots!

4 comments:

Annika said...

GOOD LUCK, we have our play in just three rehearsals aaaakkkkkkk I sholud really go memorize my lines.

Elie said...

Good luck to you too! We only have 2 dress rehearsals left! We were supposed to only have 1 more, but the director decided we need as much practice on the actual stage as we can get. ;-)

Emily of the North said...

Good luck to you both!!!! Break legs!

That sounded odd pluralized. :-P

And those are some really cool costumes by the way. I like what you did with your hair!!

Elie said...

haha, thanks. I don't mind breaking my legs on the last night (It will mean a break from running), but I need them for dancing first. ;-)

Thanks!