Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Once again..

Yup, I had another track meet yesterday afternoon. I did the 100, 200, 4x400, and the long jump. I placed 1st in the 100 with a time of 14.59 sec (YAY!! I beat 15 seconds!!), 2nd in the 200 (I think, but I'm not positive about my placing) with a time of 30.22sec (unfortunately I didn't break 30, which was my goal, but that was my first time doing the 200 so I might have a good chance of dropping that extra 0.22 seconds), 1st place in the 4x400 (but only out of 2 teams, so not as impressive as it sounds, still..we ran well) with a time of like 4min 55seconds or something like that, so actually, it's not as good as we have done in the past, but it got us the place, and 1st in the long jump with a jump of 12ft 2in. lol All of my team did great, but there were like 10 runners in the 100, 9 in the 200, 2 teams in the relay, and only 5 girls in the long jump (counting Anna and I, and we got 1st and 2nd place) It was a kind of fun meet, but not as challenging as some of the others. That will have been my 4th meet, only like 4 more to go!! I'll be posting pics of my ribbons an medal from the 3rd (most recent before this one) meet sometime soon. ;-)


Run by my side --
live in my heartbeat;
give strength to my steps.
As the cold confronts me,
as the wind pushes me,
I know you surround me.
As the sun warms me,
as the rain cleanses me,
I know you are touching me,
challenging me,
loving me.
And so I give you this run;
thank you for matching my stride.
Amen.

2 comments:

Diane said...

A beautiful prayer, Elena. I'm so proud of you.

Elie said...

Oh..I didn't actually write the prayer..*ahem..* I just found it, but I'm glad you think it's nice!