Saturday, April 19, 2008

Costumes for the Music Man

Here are the 4 costume ideas we've found for the Music Man! We got it all (except the white shipoopi skirt and Aunt Kiki's boots) at the thrift store! I still need my Wa Tan Ye costume and shoes for the Shipoopi, because (amazingly enough) I find it impossible to irish step dance in these boots. ;-)

These two shirts with the Shipoopi skirt are my ideas for my Shipoopi costume and for the rest of Act 2. As much as I don't like pink, I'm afraid that it looks better than the blue..more..Zaneetaish. I don't have shoes to go with this costume.

My Marian the Librarian costume..but this one is a little Iffy, because the skirt is like 4 sizes too big and the shirt is about 7 sizes too big. (You can't tell in this picture, because I'm holding big bunches of the skirt and shirt behind my back) It would take some sewing. It's also a little too flimsy for 1912, but we might be able to fix that too.

I really don't like this one too much, but I think that maybe for like one scene (I have lots of time to change between certain scenes.)..or if I'm desperate....


These boots are sweet! They lace all the way up the front!

And I'll wear my hair the way I have it in the pics, but I'm going to try doing ringlets and tie the top half with a ribbon.

3 comments:

Annika said...

Your right, as much as I personally hate pink, I think it looks better then the blue. The black and white one looks good you'd just have to take it in a lot :). I think the pink Dress does not go. These are just my opinions so don't base you you finale dision on them, if you don't like what I say ;)

I'm going to post two costumes I did for the play last year, to show you that I not daft when it comes to Costumes, not that you said I was.

Elie said...

Yes..hmm..Thanks for you opinion. It's helpful. ;-)

I'd love to see your costumes!

Anonymous said...

very cool I love these costumes so cute. the pink looks better but maybe you'll find another skirt to wear with the blue.