Saturday, April 12, 2008

On your marks! Get Set! GO!!!

Tala, thank you for wishing me luck! ;-) It was either that, or my prayers to St. Sebastian (boy is he an awesome saint!), or rubbing Mei mei's lucky belly (don't ask..family tradition thing), or a combination of all 3! I did horribly in the long jump..my jumps were 11'5", 11'2", and 11'5". Pathetic..really. And then I got 2nd in the 100!!! Hip hip hurray!!!!! AND!!!! I got first place in the 800! My coach is rather confused..hmmm 100 or 800?? Bit of a difference between the two. :-D

Oh, and our 4X400 relay team got 3rd place out of 4, so not absolutely awesome, but not bad.

My dad (who ran the 800 in highschool and was all excited that I was doing it) came to the meet late and pulled into the parking lot literally 30seconds after the end of the 800. He wasn't too thrilled about it. ;-)

Now...let's see how Tuesday goes....

P.S. I forgot to mention that my times were worse for this meet than they usually are, because of the wind and freezing cold weather, but I placed ok in the running events, so apparently everyone's times were worse, and my "duck wings" as the coach likes to call them helped with the wind or something.

6 comments:

Diane said...

How blessed you are to have my genes.

This was my second track meet ever (the first was when Uncle Jon was in high school)---you sure made it exciting. But I think you forgot to mention my cheering as a factor in your wins today.

Wish I could be there for every one.

Peter said...

Simply awesome. Congratulations, Elena.

Elie said...

Yes, you're definitely living out your running through me. ;-)

Thanks!

And..yes, if I had paused to figure out who the eskimo (sp?) on the sidelines was, I might have gathered strength from it, but by the time I found you in the coat, sweatshirt, jacket, 2 pairs of gloves, hood, hat, earmuffs, snow boots, poncho and windbreaker I would have lost the race. :-D

Anonymous said...

duck wings?

congradulations, on you placings.

Elie said...

Yup..I have pretty horrible form with my arms when I run. I apparently put my elbows out like wings. ;-)

Thanks!

kiki said...

Hey everyone has to have a style. If it works Duck-wings it is! I'm sure is one to make your own. Great job at the races Elena! I knew you could do it!

Did I ever tell you I got my high school letter in track? Keeping stats and watching the boys run. No kidding.