Tuesday, March 4, 2008

And as a day early birthday present to myself..

I ran 3 miles without stopping tonight! Since I'm a middle distance runner, I have to be able to run 3 miles straight (as slow as I want) to earn my track uniform. I guess I'm there! Now I can spend the rest of the time between now and March 24th (the day of the trial) building up more endurance so that I can run the 3 miles without killing my shins. They did hurt through most of it, but listening to music really helped. My ipod mini, Sam, was great. He doesn't usually hold battery power for more than 3 minutes, but the music played for 2 miles..then it gave out. The last mile I discovered that the 'Hail Mary' fits perfectly in with my breathing pattern. ;-) So...I did the full 3 miles without stopping!

And..my mom's supposedly going to get me arch suporrt insert thingys at Wal-Mart for my birthday, so I maybe I'll have less trouble with my shins now!

<3 Elena

No comments: