Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm not her religion teacher!

I was saying goodnight to Jacinta (a.k.a. Choo choo) one night last week when she announced that she had been watching a movie. (The girls had been watching Jesus of Nazareth)

She went on to say, "Mary had a baby, and then she was just so tired that she fell asleep!"

I asked:"What was the baby's name?"

Choo choo, very decidedly: "Pocahontas."

Me, choking slightly: "Pocahontas?"

Choo choo: "Well his name was Pocahontas, but then they named him Jesus."

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is a hilarious story. Where in heaven's name would she get the idea that His name was first Pocahontas?

What has your mother been teaching you guys?

Alison said...

Wait, I thought it was Tarzan and then they decided Jesus was more Middle Eastern. No??
ps. I was talking to Sarah Marie the other day and she said, "da da da da"; but wait, it gets better, then she said, "ba ba ba ba". Can you believe it? Oh the two of us were laughing and laughing.

Elie said...

I have no idea where J got that idea. She hasn't even seen Pocahontas!

I can't wait to see Sarah.(Marie..though I can't wait to see Aunt Sarah either) She sounds really cute. Now all you have to teach her is Nena (nay-na) Nay nay nay is a good start.